EVENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
REGATTA ENTRANCE TICKET |TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE USE OF THIS TICKET IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT BELOW.
- Right of admission is reserved at the discretion of the Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development (GPDID) and the World Rowing Masters Regatta Organising Committee (WRMR2023).
- Your ticket only entitles you to enter Roodeplaat Dam Reserve (“the Reserve”) for the World Rowing Masters Regatta (“the Event”) that is described on the ticket and on condition that you comply with these Terms and Conditions at all times. You must retain your ticket at all times when entering into and while in the Reserve. You must show your ticket to an official or representative of GPDID or WRMR2023 whenever requested by us. If you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, we, or any of our representatives on our instructions, may refuse to allow you admission into or remove you from the Reserve, and we may also prevent you from entering the Reserve for the duration of the Event for any purpose.
- Where admission is refused or the bearer is evicted from the Reserve and/or demarcated areas, no refund will be paid.
- The bearer shall not behave in a disruptive or drunken manner, endanger the safety of other persons in the Reserve and/or demarcated areas.
- The bearer shall not engage in any form of ambush marketing or unauthorised promotions and shall not breach or infringe the rights of any sponsors, suppliers, broadcasters or other parties commercially associated with the Event.
- The use of tickets may not be transferred as prizes in lotteries or competitions, sold, donated or disposed of for commercial gain, unless authorised by GPDID or WRMR2023 in writing or through an authorized agent. Any ticket obtained in breach of these conditions shall be void and all rights connected therewith shall be nullified including the bearers refusal of entry to, or eviction from, the Reserve and demarcated areas.
- WRMR2023 does not guarantee the quality of racing.
- WRMR2023 will not be responsible for a refund or replace your ticket if the Event is cancelled or postponed for any reason, or if your ticket is lost, stolen or misplaced. You are responsible for ensuring that your ticket is kept safe. However, should the decision be taken to replace lost/stolen tickets a pro rata charge will be levied.
- WRMR2023 and its employees, volunteers and agents shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage however caused to the holder of this ticket.
- WRMR2023 shall be entitled to make rules or change them, or general applicability governing the conduct of spectators, whilst in or around the stadium and including rules of conduct pertaining to the use of the outer perimeters of the park.
- This ticket is issued to the Terms and Conditions of sale or issue. By using this ticket you acknowledge that you have read such terms and conditions and undertake to abide by them.
- Entry into the Reserve and demarcated areas will not be allowed to persons under the influence of alcohol or narcotics or in possession of any item or substance deemed to be illegal or undesirable by the management including any recording equipment and/or dangerous items, weapons, explosives, incendiary devices or sharp objects, animals, or any other items which the management may refuse at their discretion, including any objects or clothing containing political or commercial identification in breach of condition 5 above , or any other object which may be offensive, disruptive, dangerous or likely to infringe the safety or security of others.
RESTRICTED AND PROHIBITED ITEMS:
- Air horns and other devices capable of causing noise disturbance or nuisance
- Animals (except service dogs and guide dogs)
- Flag poles greater than 1.5m in length
- Bottles / glass vessels
- Dangerous or hazardous items
- Explosives or ammunition
- Fire arms
- Frisbees and similar items
- Illegal substances
- Knives or other weapons
- Laser devices
- Scooters, skateboards or other skates
- Signs or items with corporate branding
- Smoke canisters
- Spray paint
- Transmitting devices
- Unauthorized flyers, posters or banners
- Any other article that might be used as a weapon be deemed to be offensive or abusive or compromise public safety.
- Alcoholic beverages
You are not allowed to behave in any way which is a nuisance, violent, abusive, disruptive, threatening, an infringement of somebody's rights, or which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate or unacceptable.
- No persons under the influence of alcohol
- No swearing or rude language
- No rude, racist, prejudicial or insulting behaviour
- No fighting or throwing objects
- No behaviour of actions that are deemed to infringe on any other person’s comfort, enjoyment or safety.
As it is an outdoor event we request that people respect the fact that this is a sports event and respect the right of athletes to breathe clean air. Considerate smoking is encouraged.
PERMISSION TO BE SEARCHED
Any person who enters the grounds can be searched by police officer/security staff/service provider. GPDID and WRMR2023 reserve the right to refuse admission to, or eject any individual or group not abiding by these rules and regulations.
All vehicles shall be parked within car parks in accordance with instructions communicated by WRMR2023, its staff or agents. WRMR2023 reserves the right to remove any vehicle(s) not complying with this rule. Unless otherwise advised to the contrary, all car parks open at least 15 minutes before the venue opens on the day of the Event.
AWNINGS & GAZEBOS
Privately-owned awnings, gazebos or similar constructions are not permitted at the event. Clubs who have booked a space at the venue are welcome to bring their club gazebo.
BRAAIS & FIRE
No braais or cooking are allowed in the parking, spectator, glamping or boat park areas at the Event.
The construction or use of any type of fire, naked flame, barbeque or liquefied petroleum gas device, for cooking or heating is prohibited within the Reserve for this Event.
DRINKS Drinks purchased at the bar are to be consumed in the bar area, except where otherwise permitted. All liquor in cans and glass bottles will be decanted into approved containers.
ANIMALS Animals or other livestock are not allowed into the ground unless pre-arranged specific authorization is granted from GPDID.
THIRD PARTIES Only a person specifically authorised in writing by WRMR2023 is permitted within the grounds of the Reserve to sell or distribute any items or services. No charitable or other collection within the Reserve shall be allowed unless with the specific authorisation of WRMR2023. Evidence of such authorisation must be displayed clearly (and in the form stipulated by WRMR2023) by those carrying out such authorised collections.
CHILDREN A minor child aged 15 years or less must be accompanied by his/ her parent or guardian or adult who is responsible. A child under 5 years and his/her accompanying parent or guardian or responsible adult, must be supplied with an armband with parents cell phone numbers written on it.
VIDEO & AUDIO
No person shall be permitted to film or otherwise record any portion of the Event unless otherwise expressly permitted to do so in writing by WRMR2023 prior to any filming/recording. Any filming or recording taken by any person is the sole property of WRMR or any of its broadcasting partners.